BLOG BUDDIES

July 12, 2015

Altered Bubble Gum Machine

Hi there... can you believe that it is July and half the year is already flown by. This month at Anything But A Card "Anything Goes" is our creative theme. Show us a fun layout, mixed media, altered piece, journal page, anything you would love to create... just not a card.

I just love to have my craftroom goodies displayed in fun and unusual ways... After all, the plastic containers do get somewhat boring after all. I purchased this bubble gum machine awhile back. It was on clearance for $5.00 and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but I knew it would find a home in my craftroom eventually. I decided to alter it and it would contain my pearl collection.
Using all different items to provide texture such as laces, wood, plastic, chipboard, metal beads, pearls, paper diecuts etc. they all can give that extra UMPH to your altered piece. 
The sprays I used are Lindys Sprays in the following colors:
SEA MINT GREEN
PONDEROSA PINE OLIVE
HYDRANGEA BLUE
TAINTED LOVE TEAL
GLORY OF THE SEAS GOLD
OZ'S EMERALD CITY
ETHEREAL EMERALD MOON SHADOW
BUCANEER BAY BLUE MOON SHADOW
It's amazing how all the different products spray up beautifully. Once I achieved the colors I wanted I then topped it off with Inka Gold in coordinating shades. 
I love the finished product and it will be so much fun to run and get a handful of pearls to use in my art from my new altered bubble gum machine. Take a look around the house for unusual containers for storing your embellishments, slap some paint and sprays on it. 
For a bit more inspiration, here are couple of more pieces I altered. This was originally a Christmas Advent Calender box kit I got at Hobby Lobby. I think it cost me $7.00 with my coupon. I altered it to hold all my T!m Holtz Ideology.  It holds a ton of goodies.  I have a Snapguide Tutorial here if you would like to check out the creative process for this: https://snapguide.com/guides/create-altered-embellishment-holder/
And below is a cigar box that was transformed to sit on my daughters vanity to store her makeup and eyelashes.  
This is the top of the altered box

This is the inside of the altered box. 
For the tutorial on my bubble gum machine sit back and enjoy my Snapguide tutorial below. And for some more beautiful inspiration from the design team, please drop by Anything But A Card and join in on the fun. This project is being entered into the following challenges :
Rhedds's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
That Crafty Place -Anything Goes Mixed Media
SanDee  & Amelies Steampunk - Tic Tac Toe... I chose Deep Sea Colours / Metal / Crackle
Crafting By Design - Reuse / Recycle
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes

Check out How to Create Altered Embellishment Holder by Toni Burks-Grijalva on Snapguide.

10 comments:

craftysahmiam said...

GORGEOUS was to store/display your crafty pearl supplies! The altered makeup box is so pretty, too. Both have such great texture and detail

Unknown said...

Oh my word, that is exquisite! Love the idea! Thanks so much for sharing the step by steps! Fabulous job

Claudia N. said...

Wow - this is one amazing alteration!!! LOVE the colours and all the lovely detail. Never seen a pearl storage that looked more beautiful and inspirational!

Thank you so much for playing along and sharing this steampunk treasure with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Sandra Wright. said...

This is just so fabulous,so creative and such a gorgeous piece to keep your pearls in....you do need to link us to your entry to be eligible for our challenge..I'll pop back again..x...Sandie @ http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

You know this commenting lark really opens eyes to such fabulous talent and your does not disappoint hun . Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

Handcrafted by Ellapu
Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
DT The Mirror Crack'd
DT Anything but a Card

Anonymous said...

c est une merveilleuse et magnifique idée de relook pour ce distributeur , de très jolies couleurs
à bientôt nate

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

Your altered machine is absolutely stunning! Thank you for join our challenge!

Judy McKay said...

Beautifully coloured altered project. Love it. Thank you for joining us at altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning artwork! Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Juliz Design Post said...

Fantastic, so pleased to have found your blog.
Julie x

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.